Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chapter 19: There's No Turning Back

*REAL HADLEY'S POV*

I swear, I think I'm dreaming.

"You believe me?" I ask, just to make sure I wasn't hearing things.
"Yup..." she replies.


Before she can say anything, I give her the biggest hug I can manage in this little bitty body.
"You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that."


"I am so sorry I didn't believe you..." she starts.
"Ev, it's cool, trust me, I get it...this is hard to believe," I start.
"Yeah, but we've been best friends for...ever...and I treated you like an asshole."
I laugh, "If your friends can't treat you like an asshole, who can?"
She laughs too, "Leave it to you..."
"How did you figure it out?"
"I was talking to her, and I have been remembering everything that has been going on these past few months...and I just knew..."


At least someone believes me now.  One hurdle finished - now on to the next one.
Evie is right with me because she starts talking again, "What are we going to do about little Ms. Crazy?"
"I don't know," I start, "I'm so pissed off, I wish I could hit her."
She damn near falls over laughing, "You realize if you hit her, you'll be screwing your own body up, right?"
"Yeah, that's the only thing that's stopping me"
She laughs again, "If I wasn't sure before, I'm sure now."
I laugh too.  Ah, it feels good to be laughing with her again...even if it's in a different body.


"So do you have a plan?  What are we going to do?" She asks me.
"Well, my only plan thus far has been to talk to you...and that went over just great..." I start, "...and I talked to my parents last night."
"Oh no, you didn't!" She exclaims, "You know how fast crap spreads...I'm surprised Mason doesn't already know..."
"I was desperate...I didn't know what to do..." I explain myself.
"Do you think it might be a good idea to come stay with me, just in case this all blows up and Mason throws you out?"  She offers.
"No, besides, how is the family going to feel about you harboring a crazy person?"
"That's true...damn...okay, I have to talk to Mason." she decides.
Part of me doesn't see any other way, but I'm not so sure.
"I'm just worried he's not going to believe you..." I start.
"Yeah, especially not what I told him the other day," she starts.
"What did you tell him?"
"To get his head out of his ass..." she tells me about Mason coming to her and having some issues with Hadley.  Even though Evie just told him this and it would be weird, her all of a sudden having a change of heart, but maybe those doubts are still there...we just need to grab hold and pull them back out...hmmm...


"Go ahead and talk to Mason," I tell her.
"Okay," she says, "but even if everyone believes you, how are we going to get your body back?"
"I haven't thought of that yet, but let's get over this issue first.  I need my husband to realize who I am."
"Okay, I'll call him when he gets off work." she says.

With our plan of action in place, we leave.


When I get home, I pick up poor Keely.  It's a shame that her mother is crazy, although I have a feeling that Briana really does care about her, even though she's a nut job.

Of course, just as I start thinking about getting Keely some dinner, she walks in from the back yard.


"Well, look who it is," she greets.
I turn around and glare at her, "I don't have time to deal with you, I have to feed your daughter."
"I'd gladly feed her..." she starts...
What is that?  A heart?
"It would just make me look better and you look worse."
Nope.
"Nah, I'm good, I just wonder why you don't seem to have a problem with me raising your daughter." I start.


She looks at Keely and I think there might be some sadness there.
"She deserves better than me, and she's got it," she says.
"What?" I ask, "Are you saying that I'm better than you?  I'm confused."
"What are you confused about, you've raised like, a million children, you're obviously better than I am."
"If I'm so good, why are you condemning me to live in a life that isn't my own?" I ask, "There are better ways of finding your daughter a better life, ya' know."


That sets her off.
"Why am I even listening to you?  Just shut up!" She exclaims.
"Oh-kay, geez, calm down!" I tell her.
She looks at me with these wild eyes, like a hurt animal.
Of course, it doesn't last long.  She spins around as soon as she notices that I'm examining her a little closer than she would like.


"Don't get too comfortable here," she tells me as she turns around, "I'm going to get you out of here one way or another."

Yeah, don't be so sure, bitch.

*EVIE'S POV*


I meet Mason after he gets off work.  I have no idea how I'm going to get him to believe that Briana is Hadley and Hadley is Briana, but I know I have to try.

"Hey, what's up, lil' sis?" He greets me.
"Hey," I reply.
"Why so serious?" he asks.
I sigh.


"Okay," I start, "I need you to listen to me and keep an open mind."

Wow, this sounds familiar...like what Hadley said to me yesterday.

"Damn, the last time I saw you, you were telling me to get my head out of my ass, what happened to make you need to talk to me so bad? he says.


"Well," I start, "about that...I was wrong."
"About what?" he asks.
I take another deep breath and wish I had a drink, "Everything...you were right to trust your instincts." 
"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"Hadley isn't who you think she is." I just blurt out.
Mason looks confused, "Then who is she?"
"She's Briana...and Briana is Hadley."




4 comments:

  1. You're killing me over here! Gah. Mason better believe her. I may just cry if he doesn't.

    I really hate Briana. Geez Hadley, way to trade bodies with Superbitch over here. I understand why she's so terrible, it's just... How could she sit there and watch as somebody as sweet as Hadley has to deal with Trevor. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't worry, it's all coming out soon...Briana is a crazy bitch...Hadley got awfully lucky (NOT!) LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow. All Mason has to do is talk to Hadley (Briana) to know that Evie is telling the truth. I know it may be a shock but he has been concerned over her total change in personality the most. He has to believe her.

    For Briana to have had such a hard life she sure is a crazy mean bitch. You would think she would be a little more like Hadley was when she first arrived at their house. Scared and thankful for the help. Clearly Trevor hasn't found them so she might actually have a chance of escape.

    As I type that I hope Briana doesn't do something sneaky total bitchy like tell Trevor where she is trying to get rid of Hadley. She wouldn't want to put her daughter back in that situation (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, yeah, that would be bad, very bad...she is crazy...maybe too many blows to the head? I don't know...Mason has noticed the change more than others, so you would think he is going to believe her...all will be revealed soon!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!