Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chapter One: A True Love Story Never Ends


I know I'm supposed to be really excited that I'm done with my challenge and all of my children are all grown up and basically now Mason and I have all the time in the world to be together, but I still feel like my life lacks purpose.  I know, I know...what am I whining about?  I have probably the most perfect husband in the world and we live in a gorgeous house, we never have to worry about money...hate me yet?  Yeah, I would hate me too...


It doesn't help that Mason seems completely fine with how things are.  In my opinion, we have gotten pretty boring.  Of course, I don't want to tell him any of this because I don't want to hurt him.  I don't want to make him think he's not enough.  It's not really that...but I have never been the type of girl that can spend her entire life just being someone's someone.  I don't want to be with anyone else, I just want to do something else.  He's still working...I feel like I need something.

Of course, it's always the same routine when he gets home from work.

Hadley: What do you want to do tonight?
Mason: *Groan* I'm so tired baby...let's just cuddle in bed.
Hadley: *don't act disappointed, don't act disappointed - Smile* Okay love.


Mason: Ahh, that's perfect.  Who would want to be anywhere else?
Hadley: *think of big fat stupid lie* I can't imagine.
Mason: So, what did you do today?
(Truth: Meandered around the house looking for something to do.)
Hadley: Nothing really...
Mason: Are you okay?
Hadley: Of course...I'm thinking about painting again...
Mason: Feeling inspired?
Hadley: Maybe...and maybe have a party...
Mason: Any reason?
Hadley: I just haven't seen any of my friends since Christmas...and Evie is busy with the twins...so I thought I would have a little get together.
Mason: Oh, ok...
Hadley: ...and I was thinking about working out a little bit more...just to buff up.
Mason:  Ooh, you want me to train you?
Hadley: Shit, you'd work my ass out all over the place...
Mason: I already do that.

His hand reaches down and gives me a little light tap...


Ok, so not having kids in the house does have it's benefits...mainly being able to get it on any time of day...anywhere in the house.


However, we still do have Blondie...but she's an old dog now.  Naomi wanted to take her when she left, but she has all kinds of plans to save every other animal in the world...so we told her she could stay.


Even though Mason and I have the freedom to have acrobatic sex all over the house, my body is not up for it anymore.  Ugh, I hate getting older...maybe I should work on losing weight before buffing up...


We turned the boys room into a gym so as soon as I get up I get on the treadmill.

Mason comes in soon after for his morning workout.

Then he gets ready to go to work.



I always make sure and see him off every day...I guess it's just a wifey thing.

Mason: You know, running the treadmill isn't going to get you buff.
Hadley: I know that, smarty pants.  I just need to lose a few pounds.
Mason: You're perfect baby.
Hadley: You weren't saying that last night.
Mason: What are you talking about?
Hadley: I heard an exaggerated "oomph"...
Mason: That was an "Ahhh" not an "oomph"
Hadley: Po-tay-to, Pa-tah-to.
Mason: Woman, you're crazy.



As soon as Mason leaves, I get a phone call from my mom.

Hadley: Hey mom, what's up?
Mom: I'm having a party tonight, can you and Mason come?
Hadley: When is it?
Mom: Around 6-ish.
Hadley: I can be there then, but Mason has to work until 7...he'll come then.
Mom: Sounds good.
Hadley: Do I need to bring anything?
Mom: No...
*BEEP, BEEP*
Hadley: Oh let me call you back, Mom.  I have a beep.
Mom: Okay...love-you-bye.
Hadley: Love-you-bye.


Hadley: Hello?
Paisley: Hey girl!  What's going on?  Enjoying your post-challenge life with hubby?
Hadley: Oh yeah, sure.  I kind of miss the challenge to be honest...how's yours going?
*I hear a kid screaming in the background.*
Paisley: Jackson!  How many times have I told you not to steal your sister's candy?!  Sorry Hadley...does that answer your question?
Hadley: I kind of miss it...
Paisley: You can't be serious?  I love my kids, but they make me want to tear my hair out sometimes.
Hadley: I thought you went for that look on purpose?
Paisley: Ha ha...nope...completely child driven!
Hadley: Yeah, I remember those days...

Paisley and I chat for a minute before she has to go and chase down her brood.

So basically I have nothing to do until my mom's party.


So I end up getting there a little early.
(I really like this picture!)


Keaton and The Bitch are here.  Ugh.  I still can't stand her.  She stands around, giving everyone the stink eye and snarling at the food my mom spent all day fixing.


Mom runs off to finish with the food so I talk to Aunt Z.

Zoey: Hey honey, what's going on?
Hadley: Nothing really...
Zoey: Uh-oh.  What's wrong?
Hadley: Noth...

Just then, Mason walks in the door, wraps his arms around me and gives me a peck on the cheek before heading to the chair with a book.  I can't keep from rolling my eyes.  Really?  We're at a party...


Zoey of course doesn't miss anything.

Zoey: What's that about?
Hadley: I think we're kind of in a rut...
Zoey: What do you mean?  Wait...is this about sex?  I can get your mother...
Hadley: *laugh* No, believe me, that's not the issue.
Zoey: What's the problem then?
Hadley: I don't know...I guess I'm just bored...It's not Mason...but he goes to work every day and I'm at home...how do you and Uncle T-bone do it?
Zoey: That's simple...we're in a polygamous marriage...
Hadley: Huh?
Zoey: We're married to each other, but he's also married to the police force, fishing with your dad on Saturdays, and going out to fix everything for the whole town.  I on the other hand am also married to my writing career, building houses, and talking on the phone with your mother for at least three hours every day.
Hadley: So basically...
Zoey: Get a hobby...and get a lot of them.
Hadley: Gotcha.

I just have to figure out what kind of hobby I want.


Of course when we get home, Mason starts in with his hobby...me.  He pounces on me before we can even get upstairs.

Hadley: *giggle* Good Lord, baby...I'm gonna start chafing...
In response, he continues to kiss me even more passionately, paying extra attention to the spots he knows drive me crazy.


Oh how I love this man.

**********

THE NEXT MORNING

I wake up early and go into the gym.  Mason is already in there on the treadmill.

I walk inside and see a medicine cabinet filled with a bunch of pill bottles.

Hadley: What are these?
Mason: Oh...coach gave those to me...they're diet supplements...the companies are wanting endorsement deals.
Hadley: These aren't steroid are they?
Mason: No.
Hadley: You know steroids make your balls shrivel up like raisins, right?
Mason: Than if I were taking steroids, wouldn't you know about it?
Hadley: Hmm...good point.  So what would happen if I took one of these?
Mason: I don't know, probably nothing...be careful though some say not to take them when you're hungry.

I'm starving...I popped one in my mouth without hearing him...and then it was too late.



THE END?


9 comments:

  1. OMG! I thought my next post was intense.. hahaha you can see the 'i'm hungry' bubble above her! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was completely unplanned! I just got these pills from MTS and had her take them...they said to take with food, but I had no idea...*gulp* LOL

      Delete
    2. LOL yeah, but I'm working with it...it's actually a blessing in disguise because before I had no idea what I was going to do with them. LOL

      Delete
  2. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sentiments exactly...oh how will we get out of this? You know I got something up my sleeve. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hadley!!! I know this can't be the end though...it's only the first post on this blog! Haha. It's a bummer that she's feeling bored. Hopefully she gets out of her rut soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait you can't kill off Hadley!!!! What are you doing. This is a love story and now she is curled up on the floor starving.

    Fix this!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, done! I knew I had to fix it when this happened...it was actually an accident...I got these devil pills and it said not to take them on an empty stomach, but I figured she could eat after she took it...WRONG...I'm kind of glad it happened though because now I have a good story idea. Thanks for checking this out!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!