Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chapter 3: Heart Stops, Stomach Drops

*MASON'S POV*


My ears must be playing tricks on me...either that or she's in shock...yes, that's probably it.  How could she possibly fix this?


Mason: What do you mean?  How?
Amy: Listen very carefully.  I want you to take her remains to the science facility, they'll be able to give her back to you...just not in human form...
Mason: Like a zombie?
Amy: No...like a ghost.
Mason: A ghost...wait...
Amy: Just shut up and listen...
Mason: Okay...
Amy: When she comes out, she'll be herself, just a ghostly version...I have a recipe for a dish that will make her human again if she eats it.
Mason: How can a recipe make her human again?
Amy: Mason, I don't have time to explain all of it, it just will.
Mason: Ok...um...Amy?
Amy: What?
Mason: How do you know all this?
Amy: One day I'll tell you.  Now get going.
Mason: Ok...



Voice: Mason!

Just as I was about to leave, I hear the voice of Melody Sky, another friend of Hadley.




Mason: Hello Melody, how are you?
Melody: Fine, thank you.  I just wanted to come over to express my deep condolences.  Skye and Paisley have told us what happened.  I am so sorry about Hadley.
Mason: Thank you Melody.  I appreciate it.  Now, I don't mean to be rude, but I have to get going.
Melody: Of course.  Please let me know if you need anything.

Mason: I will.

From that point, I head to the science lab.  I walk in and am directed to a far corner where they take the remains of my wife and tell me to wait.

I wait patiently until a nurse comes out and tells me that everything went well.  Behind her stands a very transparent version of the woman I love.

She doesn't say anything, but I am so excited, I reach out and grab her transparent hand, which is surprisingly solid, leading her outside.

Mason: Let's go home.  

When we get home, there's a plate of something sitting on the kitchen counter.



Also without saying anything, she sits down and begins to eat.  I guess being dead will do that to you...I sit back and wait patiently until she's ready.

As I am waiting, my phone rings.  It's Amy.


Amy: Did you find it?  Is she eating it?
Mason: Yes, I think everything is going well.
Amy: As soon as she finishes the dish she will become human again.
Mason: That's it?  
Amy: Yes...that's it.

I want to jump for joy.  


I get off the phone and run downstairs to wait.


I get there just as she's finishing...then green light swirls around her and she floats to a standing position...then...


She's human again.  She's back.  My Hadley is back!

Mason: Hadley!

I run to her so quickly that it startles her.



Mason: Hadley, I swear, I thought I lost you.  I'm so sorry love...I can't tell you how worried I was.  I love you so much, baby.  

When I take a breath, I look at her expectantly as she opens her mouth to speak.



Hadley: Who are you?


8 comments:

  1. YAY for Amy getting Hadley back!!!
    Boo for Hadley not remembering Mason. D:
    I really, really hope she remembers soon because Mason was so heartbroken already. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This story line kinda came out of nowhere...I guess we'll havta see where it goes. *evil grin*

      Delete
  2. I will come over there and slap the memory back into her brain! But at least she's back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol leave it to you! U might could take her in her current state. Lol

      Delete
  3. I agree with Paisley someone needs to help her recall everything. Poor Mason, and poor Hadley. Loved seeing Melody in the post. Hadley was mentioned in one of my posts recently but it was by Wrath, we didn't actually see Hadley.

    Loving the site and the potential in story I'm so glad you've kept Hadley's story going I love her so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh... in Jenna's? I just kept them in town from Xmas. I like having her there.

      Delete
  4. I was wondering why she was a quiet ghost! Haha this reminds me a bit of The Vow. Mason needs to help her remember her life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it!